Column of the Immaculate Conception

Column of the Immaculate Conception

- Column of the Immaculate Conception

Column of the Immaculate Conception erected in 1956 by Pius IX, with the designs of Polletti, in memory of the solemn proclamation of the Dogma of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary. On the base of the column are four statues of prophets; in the marble bas-reliefs, around are represented events concerning the Proclamation of the Dogma.